Yeah, here's the "bipartisan" details.
- Looting Social Security by suspending collection of the taxes that fund it
- Temporary, "sugar high" payroll tax cuts to prop up the economy through Obama's re-election, letting TSHTF in January 2013
- Permanent tax increases on families making $250,000 (i.e. small business owners)
- Cutting mortgage and charitable contribution deductions for those families, thus nuking America's charities
- Sending $130 billion to bad states to bail out the public employee unions
The largest chunk of Mr. Obama's tax package comes from limiting itemized deductions for families with more than $250,000 in yearly taxable income and individuals with more than $200,000, including those for home-mortgage interest, state and local property taxes and charitable donations. The White House says that measure would raise roughly $400 billion over 10 years.
That sounds exactly like what Republicans ran on, right?