A Homewood woman died Thursday shortly after injecting heated beef fat into her face, but the injection, the latest in a series, did not cause her death, authorities said.
An autopsy Friday determined that 63-year-old Janet Hardt died of peritonitis, a severe abdominal inflammation caused by a bacterial infection, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.
Infections in her face from the injections did not lead to her death, which was ruled natural, officials with the medical examiner’s office said.
A short time before Hardt died, she injected heated beef fat into her face around her mouth and chin, a procedure she had done before on several occasions, according to a source. Hardt had infections in her mouth and lip as well as scarring from performing the injections “for some time,’’ the source said, adding that she previously had multiple facial surgeries.
On Thursday, Hardt went to the hospital after complaining that her face felt like it was burning, the source said.
Woman dies after hot beef injection
I'm not making this up:
UPDATE: Edited to remove the guy's name. I hope nobody harasses him or his employer. He was good-natured and his sign was innocuous a...
Body Count goes to Vegas! Ernest Scherer III was a Vegas loser who fancied himself a professional poker player. Doesn't that photo t...
We've noted before that a bunch of economic trends turned bad when Nixon closed the gold window and we launched into the current pure f...