Yes in the second story listed you are reading correctly. Property taxes in Chicago are going up by a whopping 46% in some neighborhoods! Here are some timely Chicago Tribune stories from Obama's adopted hometown and center for American Marxist thought (that's in the Hyde Park neighborhood near University of Chicago).
October 27, 2009
Double-digit property tax increases in city, Cook County suburbs
By Bob Secter ,Tribune reporter
Most Cook County residents are in for another round of sticker shock when new property tax bills arrive in the mail in a few days, with the median increase in many suburbs topping 10 percent and, in a handful, 20 percent.
October 28, 2009 |Article
City property tax: Blame game kicks off as bills leap
By Bob Secter and Hal Dardick ,Tribune reporters
In many northern suburbs and city neighborhoods, median percentage [Chicago Property Tax] increases over last year will be in the double digits. Some lower-income areas in the city will experience some of the highest percentage spikes. Hardest hit is West Garfield Park, where the median increase of tax bills will top 46 percent.
Mayor Richard Daley on Tuesday tried to offer...scapegoat for the puzzle of why property tax bills are soaring as home...city tax relief program, Daley also lashed out at the assessor... Despite the attack, Daley didn't make clear how...
Union warns strike could disrupt events at downtown hotels
Blagojevich wants trial delayed
Illinois' leading lawmakers privately circulate proposal to undercut effort for better open records law
Aldermen want to see Daley's wish list for city
Almost every Chicago alderman supported a resolution introduced Wednesday calling on Mayor Richard Daley to publicly release the list of projects he would complete with money from a federal economic stimulus package.
Daley hints at list for stimulus aid
Mayor Richard Daley flew to Washington on Monday to lobby for the economic stimulus package being debated there, and before leaving he revealed some of the Chicago projects that he wants the federal government to help fund. Monday the mayor offered a partial list, saying he is seeking funding to make improvements to 15 miles of transit lines, more than 200 schools, 150 miles of main streets, 200 miles of street lights and 75 miles of sewer and water mains.Other initiatives that Daley said the city would like to pursue with federal aid include expanding broadband access to 22,000 homes and increased tutoring, special education programs and teacher training.
Daley said last week he had a list but would not disclose it "because once you start putting it out publicly ... the media is going to be ripping it apart."
Not so 'accessible' mayor
A day after a former Cabinet member became the latest political ally convicted on federal corruption charges, Mayor Richard Daley apologized to the public Tuesday and declared himself open to questions about City Hall hiring fraud.
Illinois government: Governor, legislative leaders increase private meetings
Daley defends special taxing districts
Aldermen's $3.2 million allowance: How is taxpayer money spent?
Aldermen hired relatives, friends and campaign workers, leased automobiles and rented downtown parking spaces with funds from their taxpayer-funded expense accounts, according to city databases and public records assembled by the Tribune.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
- Audit the Fed
- Be John Galt
- Catherine Austin Fitts
- Daily Paul
- George Donnelly
- Gold Standard Now
- Jr. Deputy Accountant
- Life Inside the Bubble
- Of Two Minds
- Political Palaver
- Repudiate the Debt
- Richard Rider Rant
- Skeptical CPA
- Sovereign Man
- Stop Taxing Us
- Stumbling On Truth
- Teri Buhl
- The Double Standard
- Todd Seavey
- Washington's Blog
- Angry Future Expat
- Bearish News
- Calculated Risk
- Dr. Housing Bubble
- Exurban Nation
- Financial Armageddon
- Housing Doom
- Jesse's Cafe Americain
- Kliguy38 Great Depression 2
- Marin Real Estate Bubble
- Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis
- SoCal Bubble (Chuck Ponzi)
- Survival And Prosperity
- Zero Hedge
- Ace of Spades HQ
- Alarming News
- Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler
- Cruel Kevin's O'Connor Factor
- Doug Ross @ Journal
- Gay Patriot
- Informed Speculation
- Libertarianism from A to Z
- Misplaced News
- New Liberal Democrat
- PoliPundit ¡Nuevo! ¡Con mas Varones!
- Republican Liberty Caucus
- Right Click
- Stop Taxing US
- Stop the ACLU
- Taxpayer Watchdog Missouri
- The Nose on Your Face
- Western Rifle Shooters Association
- Wizbang (with Lorie Byrd)
- You're in the Right Place
- Bank Fail Friday
- Bayou Renaissance Man
- Be John Galt
- Before It's News
- Bill Gross
- Bowling Green is a Rip-off
- Bubbleinfo (Jim the Realtor)
- California Layoff Tracker
- Carrot and Potato Time
- Castle Coalition
- Catching the Nuances
- Charlie McDanger's Blog
- Cheryl Merrill Curses Edmond Wollman
- Clear Politics
- Commuting Capitalist
- Contrarian Chronicles
- Crazy in Suburbia
- Daily Job Cuts
- Daily Reckoning
- Decrepit Old Fool
- Doug Ross @ Journal
- Drug War Victims
- Encinitas Undercover
- Exuberant Accountant
- Eye on the U.N.
- FED Up USA
- Fillem and Billem
- Flip this Burger
- Get Rich Slowly
- Go Broke or Die Trying
- Goldman Sachs 666
- Green Mountains Homesteading
- Happy hour... somewhere
- Here we go
- Jesse's Café Américain
- John Lounsbury's Instablog
- Junto Boys
- Krugman in Wonderland
- Lee Distad's Professional Opinion
- Les Jones
- Les Jones
- Leucadia Blog
- Liberty Pulse
- Long or Short Capital
- Massless Particles
- Maxed Out Mama
- McDanger Media
- Mike Shedlock's Global Economic Trend Analysis
- My Yield Curve
- New Liberal Democrat
- Not One Cent
- Pension Tsunami
- Political Palaver
- Random Musings of a Tormented Mind
- Rhyme of the Day
- Seeking Alpha
- Shane Atwelll
- Skeptical Eye
- Social Security Choice
- Southern California Tax Revolt Coalition
- Stop the Housing Bailout
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Tammy Bruce
- The Leucadia Blog
- The Mess that Greenspan Made
- Vegan Blog Tracker
- Virtual Realities
- Vital Perspective
- When Giants Fall
- Wire Duck Records (Neal Fox)
WCV Greatest Hits
- ► 2016 (73)
- ► 2015 (57)
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (230)
- ► 2012 (299)
- ► 2011 (530)
- ► 2010 (799)
- Hypovehiculated: Obama's young voters
- All I want for Christmas
- Huckabee's Body Count
- Bailouts: So hip, even Dubai can't resist.
- French weasel uses political influence to free chi...
- South Park Whale Whores
- Dead Tree Media and Climategate
- She'll make us famous!
- Happy Buy Nothing Day!
- Communist Body Count
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Soul mates
- Mixed emotions
- Black Card cont'd...
- Greenspan's Body Count: census worker Bill Sparkma...
- Collectivization Watch?
- Armageddon Watch
- Liberal Policies = 3rd world in America
- Saturday Night Live is funny again!
- I'll make ya famous! SF Muni accident fraud
- Chicago's "End the Fed" Protest 11/22/09
- You've lost that loving feeling
- End the Fed roundup
- From the Past: A Parallel to the SEIU?
- Just say what you really feel...on a billboard?
- Patient trapped in a 23-year 'coma' was conscious ...
- End the Fed today!
- CNN: Global warming hoax? What global warming hoa...
- ClimateGate: Global Warming Hoax Exposed
- Timmy the Tax Cheat goes on the defensive on Capit...
- My new Facebook friend Lindsey Graham
- Dean of Harvard Medical School: ObamaCare sucks!
- CA seeks way out of "Statehood"? Wants to return t...
- Former Leftist Radical explains Obama's ilk and th...
- Only in San Francisco
- End the Fed -- San Francisco Protest, Sunday 11/22...
- Stimulus Fraud: Jobs "Saved or Created" in Congres...
- ObamaCare preview: No mammograms for women under 5...
- Obama meets with this man more often than anyone e...
- Obama to spend $10 Trillion on Welfare
- "What most folks call maturity, you and I might ca...
- Del Mar CRE update
- Football - Is there anything more Socialist?
- Glue-sniffer of the Year: Peggy Madura, West Coast...
- Sunday morning linkies
- Chicago: Workers' Paradise / Liberals' Dreams in a...
- Wrap your head around this
- TX Governor: Obama's depositing illegals into TX f...
- Yeah, and I'm the Pope
- More fun tenants
- Obama Intends to Purge Republicans From the Civil ...
- Tax Cheat Timmy - Liar or Moron?
- The signs were there; you should have bought conne...
- Life imitates art
- Gold above 1120
- Run, Lou, run!
- Silver linings: Susette Kelo vs. City of New Londo...
- America is the greatest; just ask our government
- Anita Dunn gets hypovehiculated
- Fed Says Unemployment to Remain High For Years
- Chicago Tribune exposes Obama's Fraudulent Stimulu...
- IPO the Fed!
- Tuesday morning linkies
- Now Google joins Obama's war against Fox News?
- Gold for the Long Run
- Greenspan's Body Count: Debra K. Gibbs and three p...
- More CalPERS disaster coverage
- The depths of Obama's budgetary depravity
- Your Obama stimulus at work
- So this is how liberty dies -- with thunderous app...
- New NY Democrat Congressman Owens reveals true sel...
- Your Department of Homeland Security at work
- Common ground
- That Evening Sun
- V online
- We're #1! And #2! Greenspan sucks
- Pelosi: buy ObamaCare insurance or go to prison fo...
- Greenspan's Body Count: Otis Beckford, victim of O...
- Fed Surrounded by FBI
- Unemployment 10.2%
- Pelosi lied; transparency died
- Protesters descend on Washington
- US to Renters - GFY!
- Remember, remember, the 5th of November
- Financial Coup explained: "This is so Soviet"
- Why Baseball Rules!
- Trey Grayson for Kentucky Senate
- "V" attacks Obama Nation
- Two out of three ain't bad
- Rand Paul leads Kentucky poll!
- Treasury Dept. uses Phone-a-Friend Lifeline
- Gold gone wild!
- Election day
- LA Times: California sucks!
- Dia de los Muertos 2009
- Kids these days
- Cash for golf carts
- Sunday morning links
- ▼ November (101)
- ► 2008 (727)
- ► 2007 (554)
- ► 2006 (504)
- ► 2005 (547)